Subtitle

BRIDGING THE GAP FROM THE SOUTHEAST TO SAN FRANCISCO.







Saturday, November 13, 2010

Deliberate Living

July 7, 2010

“...I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” –Henry David Thoreau
I AM FINALLY HERE.
This journey began two years ago: it wasn’t until I saw the red rock of Sedona, Arizona that I understood where the term “GREAT outdoors” comes from. I was awestruck by the Arizona landscape and knew I had to see “the purple mountains majesty” and that my little flat swamp where land meets the water was no longer able to serve this part of me; this part standing on the edge of creation, beckoned to climb.

And so my climb has led me here to California to start a new chapter of my life; a chapter that will involve hiking boots and getting my hands a little dirty. Nature quite literally called me to “live deliberately”. It seems the whole world is going green, now it's my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment