10/22/09
8:41pm, Atlanta aiport. In today's travel circles "all roads lead to Atlanta." Like most here, I'm not staying in Atlanta, just merely passing through, but today I can't help but believe that, for me, all roads have led to San Francisco.
The other day, when stuck in a shallow yet suprisingly sticky puddle of self pity, my very wise roommate asked me if this "problem" would make my life's timeline. Meaning--of all the points in my life that I'll remember at the end, will this make that slideshow? If not, then I'm wasting a lot of energy! She was right, that "problem" will not make my life's timeline. But when I woke up today I was eerily aware that TODAY, this trip, will be a defining moment in my life. It will guide my next steps in this journey, it will clarify my dreams...what I'm really hoping to find is a sense of "home" but can't help but fear this huge expectation is only bound to lead to disappointment. All I know is i'm looking for my life. I'm traveling far and wide and searching for another side of myself, the side that feels stiffled and uninspired by my current environment.
When I actually think of DOING IT--applying to schools, selling my furniture, selling my car, leaving my friends and family, knowing ONE person, it all seems TOO CRAZY! But I feel compelled to TRY! I HAVE TO TRY!

No comments:
Post a Comment