Subtitle

BRIDGING THE GAP FROM THE SOUTHEAST TO SAN FRANCISCO.







Saturday, November 13, 2010

Closing Time

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

July 4, 2010

Tonight I watched as the fireworks whisled and crackled through the misty Florida sky and thought of all the days before, the 4th of July's gone by, some of the best of times and some of the worst of times. Somehow I know that this one will stand out among all of those before even though it was like so many others spent with family, and bug spray, the sand glued to my feet, the salt of the beach and the smell of sparklers, but I know days as simple as these, as basic as these, are being laid to rest with the only life I've ever known so that another brighter and more vivid display can be seen.
Nostalgia is a funny emotion. So poignantly bitter-sweet. It's amazing how thin I'm finding the line between sadness and joy. But this is exactly where I should be standing. Right on the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment